anatomy of a slump21 May 2007
Subtitle: my somewhat sorta-triumphant possible return to the blogosphere maybe.
Some of you may have noticed a slight decrease in actual writing around here lately. Allow me to demonstrate with a graph:
It’s even worse if you correct for posts about guacamole. But, hopefully, I will manage to change that. I have been trying to figure out where to pick up around here, and what approach I’ll take to writing. I was thinking about just finding some blogs I like and copying their stuff, but the jury is still out on that one. Here’s a sneak preview of the blog posts I may write, or at least thought about writing over the course of the last 5 months:
- Why every romantic relationship is doomed to failure and you may as well give up now and become a monk, I mean, who are you kidding?
- How living in Downtown Nashville without a car is really awesome as long as you’re willing to delude yourself about how it totally blows.
- The Highway 1 Coast of California: a sentimental travelogue, with pictures (ed: hey, 1 out of 2 ain’t bad.)
- How To Methodologically Photo-document the Same 3 Square Miles of Your Neighborhood without Losing Your Mind Mostly (A Primer)
- Steeplechase Social Class Identification Field Guide
- Why You Are Stupid and You Know What I Never Really Liked You (ed: was drunk when i came up with this one. consider revising.)
- Why Rocky is the best movie ever made. (ed: ditto.)
- Memo to H.G. Hills: you should carry garlic, and no, minced garlic in a jar is not the same.
- Why we can’t be friends if you don’t like Battlestar Galactica
- How to make gumbo without ruining it. (preview: italian sausage is really not the same as andouille.)
As you can see, I’ve learned a lot in the last 5 months, and there’s more where that came from. So, hopefully, if I can find the time, I’ll get to elaborating. If you’re lucky.