BADD12 Nov 2005
I have a problem with reading books. I have a mild form of ADD when it comes to reading, so I jump around a lot, and find myself reading 4-5 books at once, none of which I ever actually finish. I also buy books compulsively at a faster pace than i could realistically read them.
So, I’ve decided to do two things:
- Finish all the books I have started but not finished. This starts with The Marx-Engels Reader, which I am reading right now.
- Read all of the books we own before I allow myself to buy another book.
Here’s a list of books I have started in the last few years but never finished that I intend to finish:
- The Marx-Engels Reader
[Good Muslim, Bad Muslim], by Mahmood Mamdani
- Reconstructing the Classics: Political Theory from Plato to Marx
- The Affluent Society
- The Prince
- Secrets and Lies
- By-Line Ernest Hemingway : Selected Articles and Dispatches of Four Decades
- The Federalist Papers
- The Anti-Federalist Papers – I am at least fair and balanced in my half-reads
- The Looting of Social Security
- The Truly Disadvantaged – I only read about 75% of this, and for as much as I reference it, I owe it to myself to read it again and finish it this time.
- Full Spectrum Disorder: The Military in the New American Century
[From Beirut to Jerusalem]
- The Calculus of Consent: Logical Foundations of Constitutional Democracy
- The Meaning of Relativity